Leak Detection in Vancouver
Find Leaks Fast and Prevent Expensive Water Related Disasters!
Maintenance and proper repair of your home or business is critical to preventing and minimizing the impact of water-related damage. A well-functioning plumbing and drainage system will help prevent leaks, burst pipes or full-on floods. And a properly installed and maintained building envelope is equally important to preventing water leaks. Should anything happen, 604-FIX-LEAK mobile technicians are ready to help. We are experts in leak detection and repair in Vancouver.
Emergency Leak detection & Repairs
Don't waste any time. Call the emergency leak repair experts at 604 FixLeak (604-349-5325) and we will dispatch a team to your location to minimize damage and fix the problem.
COMMON LEAK SOURCES :
- Designed for light food waste, garbage disposals tend to be one of the most misused appliances in homes. Is your kitchen sink not draining properly? It may be due to a clogged garbage disposal.
Sump Pump Problems
- An overworked sump pump can result in a completely flooded basement. Frozen or clogged drainage lines can also be the culprits of such flooding. Regular and preventative maintenance are key to ensuring this does not happen in your household or business. Call 604-FIX-LEAK and we will be happy to evaluate your current setup.
Sewer Back Up
- Sometimes a municipal sewer can unexpectedly back-up and cause a massive flood in your home. If you suspect the sewer to be the main source of your issue, call us immediately; don’t touch anything. Sewer related floods will cause the same type of water related damage expected with any other type of flood: mould, structural, ruined carpets, furniture and personal items in addition to introducing bacteria to your space. With any type of flood, it is strongly suggested that you seek professional help. 604-FIX-LEAK’s mobile technicians are well-equipped and ready to help.
Building Envelope Water Ingress
- The building envelope is what stands between your building's interior and the elements. In rainy Vancouver climate, defects in your building envelope can lead to major water damage, structural issue and mold among other problems. Early detection and professional repair of your building envelope leak can ensure longevity of your structure and energy efficiency for your building.
LEAK DETECTION SERVICES:
1. Drain Tile
Depending on when your drain tile system was installed, you may have a less efficient, and likely damaged, clay based system. Often, if there are drainage issues with clay drain tiles, it is best to consider replacing the entire system with far more efficient PVC pipes.
Prolonging the life of your drainage system is achieved through regular inspection and maintenance. Closed circuit television is used to inspect the pipe clearly and help determine the best approach to handle a blockage or leak.
Sewer jetting is basically a controlled stream of high pressure water used to dislodge and flush out any blockage. Cleared debris then flows back down the existing water stream.
2. Interior Leak Detection
- Wet basements
- Wet drywall walls & ceiling
- Drainage systems: sump pumps, garbage disposal, sewer back up
3. Exterior Leak Detection
- Siding integrity
- Drain tiles
- Foundation walls
- Eaves troughs & Downspouts